[Samba] read only share access after upgrade to 3.0.10 - an update

Graham Vincent graham at gpv.co.nz
Wed Jan 5 21:32:52 GMT 2005

Hello.

Remember this one?

>I'm in upgrade hell after upgrading my backup rh9 server and fc2 linux
>box to 3.0.10 from 3.0.7. rh9 rpm package was from the samba site and
>the fc2 rpms from redhat.
>
>I now have a system where the win xp and win98se machines on the >network
>can read/write to the backup share but my fc2 box only has read only
>access to the share - it could write before the upgrade.

snip...

I have concluded that either the samba-3.0.10-1.fc2.i386.rpm binaries
have a problem or that some corruption to my linux os occurred during
the update. I've used the problem as an excuse to move on to fc3 and can
report everything is working properly again (samba-3.0.10-1.fc3). :-)

Regards,

Graham

--
Graham Vincent