[Samba] Samba and Cups interaction

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Wed Jan 5 19:32:13 GMT 2005

While trying to solve my printer problem, I have come up with another question
that Google is not helping me with.  What happens to a print job after Samba
submits it to Cups?  Is it 'finished' even though Cups is still printing it?
Is that why my users aren't seeing their print jobs, because Cups has already
snatched them and Samba assumes they are done?  I would much rather if the
user could see the print job through its whole life, and could cancel it if
they wanted to (if it was 1000 pages long and they realized that someone had
put stationery in the printer for instance)?  This level of things is not
covered in the docs to the best that I can find.  :(

Misty