[Samba] CUPS thinks jobs sent via samba are anonymous

Andrew Zbikowski andyzib at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 18:00:41 GMT 2005

I'm running samba as an ADS member server. I'm using the cups-pdf
package (http://cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~vrbehr/cups-pdf/) to
create a virtual PDF printer.  All print jobs sent to this printer and
converted into PDF files and should be placed in the user's directory
under the PDF pickup folder.

The problem I have is that I only get output into the ANONYMOUS
folder...so samba doesn't seem to be sending the username to cups, or
cups is replacing the DOMAIN\Username format with anonymous.

Is there anything that can be done to ensure that print jobs are sent
to cups with the proper username?

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
 A password is like your underwear; Change it