[Samba] (no subject)

Fiordilino, Rudy RFiordilino at TALK.COM
Wed Jan 5 17:46:20 GMT 2005

Hello list,

I've recently setup a samba/ldap bdc on an NT 4 domain. All the objects
including machine account, groups, etc have been imported into LDAP. On the
import I receive an error when trying to add a machine account " Could not
create posix account for MACHINENAME$. Everything I've read until now points
to the fact that the machine name is in caps and is failing to add to the
/etc/passwd file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rudy