[Samba] ls error on mounted share

Ray Booysen rj_booysen at rjb.za.net
Wed Jan 5 15:35:22 GMT 2005

Hi there

System:

Samba 3.0.10
Gentoo Linux 2.6.9-gentoo-r12
gcc version 3.3.4

I am mounting a windows share.  In one specific directory on the share,
samba 95% does not list the files but gives a kernel error in syslog namely:
kernel: smb_proc_readdir_long: error=-2, breaking

This only happens in this directory.  The share structure for the
directory is \\xena\shared\Working Documents.
Other directories with spaces work perfectly.  It is only this directory.

I have searched the list archives and came across one person who had the
same problem but seems to have disappeared without much correspondence.

Any ideas.

Regards
Ray Booysen

--