[Samba] Article about Samba for "Software 2.0 Extra!"

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Wed Jan 5 13:39:49 GMT 2005

> We are currently working on an issue of Software 2.0 Extra! magazine devoted
> exclusively to programming in Linux. We want to show our readers, how to
> programming in Linux and show them interesting projects about this problem.
> Also we want to show them usefull tools, which make his work more simply.
> I think it would be great if we could including your or somebody from
> Samba-teams article about Samba. It may be something very easy, like
> installation & configuration, with some your tips. Of course, we including
> Samba into cover CD, which will be added to our magazine.
> Now is my question: would you be interested in writing an article about
> Samba?

Since the emphasis is on programming how about an article concerning what is
possible with some of the bindings?  I think there is a binding to libsmb for
Python in the samba source?  I see almost nothing about actual use of these and
I for one am curious to know more and what (if anything) these bindings can
actually be used for.