[Samba] PDC and guest access

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Wed Jan 5 10:51:26 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 4 January 2005 12:38 Ilia Chipitsine's cat walking on the keyboard
wrote:

> > Hi,
> > is it possible to prepare a share with guest access (i.e., without
> > username and password) on a server that is playing as PDC (i.e.,
> > security=user)? The security setting is global, thus it's like not
> > possible, but I'm not sure. Thanks,
> > Luca
>
> map to guest = bad user
>
> will do the job

The "map to guest" option is global, while I'm searching for a way to make
guesting a single share, not the whole samba. Furthermore, can anybody tell
me why my configuration for host equiv seems not to work? In the config file
I've the following line:
host equiv = /etc/hosts.equiv
and in the hosts.equiv file I've got:
s88
(being s88 the name of the window machine, also listed in the /etc/hosts
file). When I try to connect thru the s88 machine, I'm requested to put a
password, while the machine should access anonymously. Any idea?

Thanks,
Luca

--
Luca Ferrari,