[Samba] really needs help on compiling samba 3.0.9 with ldap

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Wed Jan 5 07:17:18 GMT 2005

>already did and this is what I got :
>
>Builtin modules:
>    pdb_smbpasswd pdb_tdbsam pdb_guest rpc_lsa rpc_reg rpc_lsa_ds rpc_wks
>rpc_net rpc_dfs rpc_srv rpc_spoolss rpc_samr idmap_tdb auth_rhosts auth_sam
>auth_unix auth_winbind auth_server auth_domain auth_builtin
>
>and I don't see any LDAP module built in, I decided to recompile it because
>when i tried pdbedit on a LDAP backend, samba shows that it was unable to
>find the ldap module, so can anyone help me with this issue, and as I've
>said I'm running Mandrake 9.1, the documentation doesn't seem to have
>anything specific to Mandrake
>
>thanks

My suggestion (Mandrake 9.2/10.0/10.1 mixture here):
Download the samba source RPM (samba-3.0.10) from one of the cooker mirrors.
Take care to have the development tools, plus libacl-devel,
libattr-devel, libkrb5-devel, libldap-devel installed.
Rebuild the source RPM, and you should have it.

Good Luck!

Geza