[Samba] new version of ico2sambaconf (graphical conf tool for samba) released !!!

ico2 ico2 ico2ico2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 09:23:27 GMT 2005

ok, in response to people who have reported bugs, there is a new
version of ico2sambaconf released this morning, anyone who couldn't
run 0.8.0 should go and download 0.8.0.1 from
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ico2sambaconf and see if this
version fixes the prob.
if this does not fix your problem them please email me at ico2ico2 at gmail.com.
if you do not know what ico2sambaconf is then below is the email i
sent yesterday giving details.

thanks
ico2

i have been working on a graphical configuration tool for samba, i
have pretty much finished the program which is written in tcl/tk.
however, i need people to test it and report bugs and features they
would like.

to use it you will need:
a unix type operating system: (it is designed for linux, but i am
interested to find if it is compatable with other OSs ie: unix, bsd,
etc.
samba: it should be compatable with most recent versions.
an xserver: this is a graphical program, so it requires an xserver.
a tcl/tk interpreter.

the program automatically makes restorable backups of the files it
edits and thus shouldn't destroy  everything, however until beta
testing is finished, i reccommend people to make backups of their
smb.conf and /etc/network/interfaces files manually.

the program should be untarred into /opt and the .tcl file run.

it can be downloaded here: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ico2sambaconf

i welcome feedback, questions and suggestions, my email address is
ico2ico2 at gmail.com

thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this and/or try out my software.
ico2 :)