[Samba] really needs help on compiling samba 3.0.9 with ldap

Adi Nugraha adi at westindo.co.id
Tue Jan 4 07:04:31 GMT 2005

Hi,

I really really needs help, samba won't compile with ldap option,(default as
I read) enabled, I'm using Mandrake Linux 9.1 and samba 3.0.9, I use the
following configure option
    ./configure --prefix=/path/to/samba/ --with-ldap (I know I don't have to
use with-ldap, just wanted to make sure that it is enabled),

this works fine although with some warnings, and then I make the binaries
and here's what happened

Using FLAGS
=  -O -I./popt -Iinclude -I/usr/local/src/samba-3.0.9/source/include -I/usr/
local/src/samba-3.0.9/source/ubiqx -I/usr/local/src/samba-3.0.9/source/smbwr
apper  -I. -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr
/local/src/samba-3.0.9/source
      LIBS = -lcrypt -lresolv -lnsl -ldl
      LDSHFLAGS = -shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined
      LDFLAGS =
Linking bin/smbd
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgssapi_krb5
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/smbd] Error 1

note : this result is from second time "make", the error were on the exact
same one with the first one,

When I
    ./configure --without-ldap
everything worked fine, so I am guessing there s something I'm missing for
the ldap part, is there anyone who knows what I'm missing, any help is
appreciated, I've looked to the archive, and documents, but the documents
doesn't say anything about a failed compiling, and the archive doesn't have
much about this either,