[Samba] Re: samba Digest, Vol 25, Issue 3

EDUARDO MARQUES a21453 at alunos.det.ua.pt
Mon Jan 3 22:14:14 GMT 2005

Hi, everyone!!
I have a problem in the mapping groups.. I
have a debian PDC that works with security =
"user" and password backend, and I have a file
server of 1TByte with Red Hat Enterprises,
that works in security = "domain".
All the groups and users I created was in the
PDC. The mapping between the two servers is
supposed to be made by Winbind, but that is my
problem.
I can see the users of the debian PDC when i
do wbinfo -u in the file server, however I
can´t see any group that i created previously
in debian whn i do wbinfo -g.
No group from the PDC appears on the
/etc/groups file. So, anyone can help me?? I
want to make severals shares in the smb.conf
file of the file server to differents groups
and with differents permissions, but in this
way it´s impossible.
I´m waiting for some reply, please.
Thanks a lot for your help and time!!