[Samba] samba v3 slow with 'security = server'

Anthony Iano-Fletcher Anthony.Iano-Fletcher at nih.gov
Mon Jan 3 21:15:28 GMT 2005

Hello Andrew

  Your comment about running winbindd is the key here. I didn't realise
that it caches the connection to the domain controller and that is exactly
what I need. With that daemon running everything is much more responsive.

	Thanks.

		Anthony

--
Anthony R Iano-Fletcher
  Room 2033, Building 12A,        http://dcb.cit.nih.gov/~arif
  National Institutes of Health,  Anthony.Iano-Fletcher at nih.gov
  12A South Drive, Bethesda,      Phone: (+1) 301 402 1741.
  MD 20892-5624, USA.