[Samba] Samba 3.0 + eCS (os/2)

Dietrich Teickner dietrich_teickner at arcor.de
Mon Jan 3 20:10:24 GMT 2005

Hi,

I use eCS as client for samba. with samba 2.2.x I have never problems
after configuration. With update my server from  suse 8.1 to 9.1 was
also samba changed from 2.2.x to 3.0.x. Since this I have only truble.
max protocol lanman1 works without problems, only .. I have no longnames.
The docs says, lanman1 is the first with long names support, also not
about the pm (desktop from os2). With lanman2 (or higher) I see
longnames in the commandline. I can save/create files, I can not copy
this this commanline tools, only read and save as. no access about the pm,

No Ideas, only dowgrade to Samba 2.2.x, this maks other truble with my wine.

Dietrich