[Samba] New to Samba world

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Mon Jan 3 17:04:35 GMT 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 03:29, Mandar Kulkarni/PUN/IN/STTL wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I am new to Samba.
> As company has decided to install Linux based file and print server, we are
> planning to use Samba and LDAP
>
> But prior to proceed further, I wanted to know how samba works, what all
> things needs to be considered at the time of installation.
>
> So can any one let me know the same?

Sure, that's the very reason I wrote the book "Samba-3 by Example" that has
precise example network configurations with step-by-step instructions to help
you get it configured.

You can purchase the book from Amazon.Com or download it from the Samba web
site at:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

Samba with LDAP is covered in Chapter 6.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
John T.
--