[Samba] Slow network and 100% CPU

Stéphane Purnelle stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be
Mon Jan 3 15:01:55 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a samba server which functioned correctly.  Only, since 2 weeks,
the users have complained about slowness networks and the server is to
100% CPU on the initial process smbd.

My version is 3.0.7 and I have a Windows 2000 WINS server for netbios
resolution.
The samba server use nscd and ldap for password module.

I upgraded to samba 3.0.10 for a test, but the problem is not resolved.
I would like to know how to determine if is the samba server or the ldap
server or is the nscd or is the wins server or is a conflict between to
computers which have the same IP adress cause these problems.

I don't found in log a trace that is a samba problem.  Sometimes I read
"connection reset by peer" and also in nmbd.log, I can read "Failing
wins test #1".

Any information is very apprecied

Thank you

--