[Samba] Anyone Pls? Domain function levels, etc

Christopher Welsh cpwe at deakin.edu.au
Sun Jan 2 19:57:32 GMT 2005

Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.

I've been a little confused, as I have been finding conflicting info on
the net.

For example. An extract from this article -
http://www.thechannelinsider.com/article2/0,1759,1647348,00.asp:

You can run Samba 3 with an AD server running native mode. In this mode,
you can run Samba 3, W2K (Windows 2000) server and Server 2003. You
cannot, however, run Samba 3 in Server 2003 mode, a superset of native
mode, which requires that all servers be running Server 2003.

End Quote

Your thoughts?