[Samba] Building two redundant servers without clustering

"M. Müller" malte.mueller at ewetel.net
Mon Feb 28 20:27:27 GMT 2005

Thanks for your helpfull comments Mitch and Fred!
As I was already pushed a bit towards drdb I did a bit searching and
found that drdb seems not to slow down things too much (I belive it was
about 30% for writing). I am absolutely new to Network RAID and
clustering and have a timeframe of about 40 days. As I don't want to
make it an adventure I will start simple and use drdb and leave out
heartbeat and other HA-stuff for now.
Rsync seems to be possible but not quite the right tool.

With kind regards,
Malte Mueller