[Samba] ACL Question [Repost]

David Sonenberg dsonenberg at strozllc.com
Mon Feb 28 19:07:08 GMT 2005

OK so I've got samba-3.0.11 compiled with ACL support.  I've running
2.4.25 with the ACL/ATTR patch applied.  I can read and set ACLS's using
the getfacl/setfacl programs.  ldd /usr/sbin/smbd shows it's linked to
libattr.so.1 and libacl.so.1.  I can read ACL with the smbcacls program,
but when I try to set them I get:
ERROR:  Unable to open credentials file!

Also from the windows side, in the properties of a file in it show the
users and groups for that file but it lists the perms is all blank, and
when I try to change the perms I get a window labeled 'Security'  with
the message:
Unable to save premission changes on xxxxxxxxxxxx.
Access is denied.
--
David Sonenberg
Systems / Network Administrator

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right to
confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or lost
by any error in transmission.  If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone at
212.981.6540, delete the message and all copies from your system and
destroy any hard copies.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.