[Samba] Wrong rights on changing/saving MS Office files

Ronny Seffner r.seffner at its-seffner.de
Mon Feb 28 08:11:18 GMT 2005

Hi,

I know about the special way, ms office stores his files (e.g. XLS, DOC),
the client operation system is w2k not wxp with the oplock problem.
I've got here the following problem: sometimes but very often (not realy
reproducable) saving new or changed files from ms office results in 0644 or
0000 rights while the create mode and force create mode bits are set to 0664
also the force security mode bits are set to 0 and security mask is set to
0000. Setting group I solved by setting the sgid bit at the parent
directory. Following the important parts (global and one share) of my
config, hoping you can help me (I'm using samba 3.0.10-1 frome
debian/testing on 2.6.8.1 SMP kernel):

[global]
    debug level = 3
    netbios name = worker
    workgroup = SOLARWATT
    server string = %h server (Samba %v)
    add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smb.adduser %u
    logon script = %U.bat
    logon home = \\%N\%U\profile9x
    logon path = \\%N\%U\profile%a
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
    printing = cups
    printcap name = /etc/printcap.cups
    load printers = yes
    printer admin = @ntadmin
    guest account = nobody
    passdb backend = tdbsam:/var/lib/samba/passdb.tdb
    locking = yes
    interfaces = 192.168.16.7/32
    bind interfaces only = yes
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = true
    time server = yes
    dos charset = CP850
    unix charset = ISO8859-1
    socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096
SO_RCVBUF=4096
    wins support = yes
    os level = 254
    domain master = yes
    preferred master = yes
    domain logons = yes
    name resolve order = host wins bcast
    max log size = 1000

    [solar]
        comment = oeffentliche Dokumente
        path = /home/solarwatt/solar
        writeable = yes
        valid users = @solar
        invalid users = @fertigung
        create mask = 0664
        force create mode = 0664
        security mask = 0000
        force security mode = 0
        directory mask = 0775
        directory security mask = 0000
        force directory security mode = 0
        force directory mode = 0775

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards

      Ronny Seffner

--

IT-SYSTEME Ronny Seffner | web  http://www.its-seffner.de
                         | mail r.seffner at its-seffner.de
Pirnaer Landstraße 205   | tel  (+ 49) 03 51 / 2 00 18 53
D-01259 Dresden          | funk (+ 49) 01 74 / 9 47 44 39