[Samba] How to give more rights to users ?

Ilia Chipitsine ilia at paramon.ru
Sat Feb 26 10:29:54 GMT 2005

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I've just finished to install a SAMBA domain with LDAP authentication. All
> works fine :). The clients runs Windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP. The problem
> is that a simple user can't install or modify some system parameters and in
> my office it's needed by some users. So I would like to know how to give
> these rights to users logged in the domain on their local system ?

regular way of doing such things is to assign privileges to local group
(if not already assigned) and to include Domain Group (or number of Domain
Users) to that local group (custom created local group or
"Administrators", for instance)

Domain group "Domain Admins" is included by default to local
Administrators group, so, if You want to give some user Admin access to
all workstations, just put that user to "Domain Admins"

such management can be done either manually (My Computer --> Manage -->
Local Users and Groups) or by using command line utilities such as
"secedit".