[Samba] Changing domains, both server- and client-side.

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Thu Feb 24 20:59:53 GMT 2005

Ken D'Ambrosio:

> My company recently changed its name, and now I've been asked to change
> our domain's name, too.  Is there any way I can accomplish this without
> having to have each PC join a new domain, with all the problems inherent
> in something like that?  Registry edits, etc., would be fine, but I really
> dread having to mess with all the profiles that are going to get messed
> up...

I wouldn't mind being updated on this either, just having fscked up a
Samba 3.0.11 domain by (my own script ;) having Samba smbpasswd re-define
all machines in the domain.

The young fellow who had to stay until 20:00 hours updating the 75 odd
workstations on the evening it was necessary, was not grateful.

Needless to say, it will never happen again. However, an antidote would be
very welcome.

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl