[Samba] Question about Samba 3.0.10 + OpenLDAP 2.1.29

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Feb 24 21:29:29 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 12:46 -0800, Steve Zeng wrote:
> Craig,
>
> Sorry. I missed username when I posted it. when I tried the command, I
> gave it my username which works.
>
> I just change loglevel from 0 to 3 and got some messages which might
> help here.
>
> I am wondering, if Samba server talk to LDAP server directly or not. If
> not, do we need to configure Ldap client first which should be in the
> same machine as Samba server.
---
Let's keep this on the list please

got something against documentation?

http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/

of course it talks directly to ldap
- that's why you configure it in smb.conf
- if you configure client first whether on samba machine or not, you
should be able to confirm settings that you ultimately use in smb.conf
and can query the information that ldap returns so you aren't surprised
or left groping for answers.

Craig