[Samba] Samba-LDAP PDC, problem with smbldap-tools

sania maro marosania at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 24 12:07:17 GMT 2005

Hi all,

Thanks a lot Jerome for your help!!!
The problem was that I didn't put the right password
for the Manager in the file smbldap_bind.conf (I let
slavePw="secret" and masterPw="secret").

Now, the smbldap-populate script works fine, it adds
entries but it displayes the following message:
[root at myPC root]# smbldap-populate
Using workgroup from sambaUnixidPooldn (smbldap.conf):
sambaDomainName=SambaDomain
Using builtin directory structure
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 165
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or
string at /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 173
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or
string at /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 173
adding new entry: dc=DOMAIN,dc=ORG
adding new entry: ou=users,dc=DOMAIN,dc=ORG
adding new entry: ou=groups,dc=DOMAIN,dc=ORG
adding new entry: ou=computers,dc=DOMAIN,dc=ORG
adding new entry:
cn:sambaDomainName=DomainSamba,dc=DOMAIN,dc=ORG

Would you please tell me why does the "Use of
uninitialized value in ..." message apeares?

Thanks a lot to all