[Samba] Samba-LDAP PDC, problem with smbldap-tools

sania maro marosania at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 24 11:48:19 GMT 2005

 --- Jerome Tournier <jtournier at idealx.com> a écrit :
> Le Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 09:03:20AM +0100, sania maro
> a ecrit:
> >   failed to add entry: modifications require
> > authentication at /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate
> did you also configured smbldap_bind.conf ? Did you
> check that the account
> defined in this file has write access to the
> directory ?

Hi,

Yes, I configured smbldap_bind.conf file. Here is its
content:
   slaveDN="cn=Manager,dc=DOMAIN,dc=ORG"
   slavePW="secret"
   masterDN="cn=Manager,dc=DOMAIN,dc=ORG"
   masterPW="secret"
I defined the ldap user as the owner of the directory
/usr/lib/ldap and I defined ldap group as the
/usr/lib/ldap dir group.

Best regards