[Samba] Urgent help needed merging two domains

misty at borkholder.com misty at borkholder.com
Wed Feb 23 21:49:10 GMT 2005

I have a disaster on my hands.  I have two domains that I need to merge
into one.  So I copied all the users of FURN to CORP domain, made sure all
groups were present and accounted for.  Login scripts work.  Here are
things that don't work:

1.  Profile SIDs are all screwed up.  I was hoping that I could use the
Windows "Copy" feature to fix this but it's a no-go.

1a.  For some users, CORP\username does not work.  I try to use it in ACLs
and click Apply, and it magically changes to FURNSRV\username.

2.  CORP\administrator is not recognized as an administrator when I'm in
the FURN subnet (which I am migrating to the CORP domain).

3.  Printers -- I have a printer on FURNSRV (which used to be FURN PDC but
is now CORP member server).  It's managed by CUPS with drivers in the
[print$] share.  I foolishly thought it would work -- nope.  But because
of problem 2, I can't add the driver to CORP's [print$].  This is a
fixable problem in the long run.

Number 1 is a disaster.  If anyone can help me out I would be grateful.