[Samba] win2k/xp crashes after logon to PDC

David Sonenberg dsonenberg at strozllc.com
Wed Feb 23 15:53:13 GMT 2005

I did a lot of searching and found a bunch of postings with this problem
but no solutions.  After trying a lot of different stuff I figured it
out.  The sambaHomePath was for the problematic users was set to
\\MYPDC\home\username but there was no share.  smbldap was set to
automatically inject a sambaHomePath, so I had to edit the smbldap.conf
to change this and now everything is working great.  I hope this will
save others the headaches I went through.

--
David Sonenberg
Systems / Network Administrator

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right to
confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or lost
by any error in transmission.  If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone at
212.981.6540, delete the message and all copies from your system and
destroy any hard copies.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.