[Samba] winbind + domain NT4

durale durale at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:00:44 GMT 2005

Hi,

I want to connect in NT4 PDC domain with my linux box using samba +
winbind.

I try to connect with Active Directory and it works fine !!

Why i can't do the same thing with NT Domain.

I've an error 5722 in NT computer like this:

The session setup from the computer WORKSTATION NAME failed to
authenticate. The name of the account referenced in the security
database is WORKSTATION NAME$. The following error occurred:
Access is denied.

And in linux computer i see this:

net rpc join -S micro -U Administrator
Password:
Joined domain DOMAIN.

wbinfo --sequence
OMNIBOOK : 1
BUILTIN : 1
DOMAIN : DISCONNECTED

wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_PIPE_NOT_AVAILABLE (0xc00000ac)
Could not check secret

Best regards,

Alexandre