[Samba] samba pdc authentication problem

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Tue Feb 22 23:01:15 GMT 2005

>I set up my debian machine as a samba pdc.

Lets start with what version you're running?  Your stated options below
scream 2.2.x.

>I added root as a samba
>user.  In the smb.conf I added the "domain admin group = @wheel" and
>"domain admin user = root".  The only discreptancy I can see is that I
>don't have the group wheel.  I tried setting that to root but when I
>try to add my winxp machine to the domain I get an error saying user
>root not found.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

This would be a not-so-hot way to do things under the current versions,
so lets get the first question answered first.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322