[Samba] AD function without AD

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Mon Feb 21 20:28:25 GMT 2005

I'm very interesting in attempting to get the control over my windows
machines that AD offers, without actually have AD.

I know samba 3 can be a AD member server.. Are there any other
projects that integrate samba, ldap, kerberos to make a active
directory like system?

Note that I said AD like. My goals include

1) single sign on through kerb
2) access control through ldap groups
3) directory services for failover of some resources (printers)
4) pushdown of windows security policies

Any pointers welcome.  prefer open sourced solutions, but may consider
commercial stuff if it integrates well with samba servers.

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257