[Samba] Samba on AIX

Tim Evans tkevans at tkevans.com
Mon Feb 21 18:21:52 GMT 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:18:52 -0500 (GMT-05:00), Rami Mantoura wrote
> To Whom it may concern:
>
> I am new to the samba world. I need to get samba running on AIX 4.3.
> Is there a different download than the one that is on the site or
> are they all the same. I downloaded samba-3.11.tar.tar. When I try
> and untar  it on the system, it gives me an error. Any help from you
> would be appreciated.

What is the error?  The download is normally a gzipped tar file, named
something like samba-3.0.11.tar.gz

You need to uncompress it first, or do it all at once:

gunzip -c samba-3.0.11.tar.gz | tar xfv -

--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc.    |    5 Chestnut Court
tkevans at tkevans.com             |    Owings Mills, MD 21117