[Samba] Resource deadlock avoided

David Wilson dave at dcdata.co.za
Mon Feb 21 14:41:27 GMT 2005

Hi guys,

How are you keeping ?

I use 'smbmount' and a custom script to mount remote shares from Windows desktops and back them up to a Linux server.
Everything works great except that I get "Resource deadlock avoided" when trying to copy 'Outlook.pst'.
This of course is due to users' having their Outlook open when my backup script runs.

Is anyone aware of a way to avoid the 'Resource deadlock avoided" error and still copy 'Outlook.pst' file ?
I've had a look around but can't find too much info on this.

Thanks in advance.

Kindest regards
David Wilson
D c D a t a