[Samba] mounting win xp shares always logs in as gues

yacoob at vp.pl yacoob at vp.pl
Mon Feb 21 12:48:33 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm using samba 3.0.11 on debian linux.
I've got a problem when mounting windows xp shares on a linux box.

smbmount //$sServ/$sShare /mnt/$sDir/$sShare -o username='$sUser',password='$sPassword',unicode,ro,iocharset=iso8859-2,codepage=cp852

When looking at the Windows event viewer I can see that I always log in as guest:

I won't give you an exact text of what evnt viewer is displaying - it's in Polish. There's no error - it just states that there was an attempt to log in as Guest using MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0. Error code is 0x0. The share is succesfully mounted as with guest priviledges.

Do you have any idea of why I cannot log in as a selected user? I'm also trying to log in using smbclient (with the same result):

smbclient //serv1/c -d 10 -U kuba

and I what is curious I get :

----
smb_vwv[ 0]=    8 (0x8)
smb_vwv[ 1]= 2563 (0xA03)
smb_vwv[ 2]=  256 (0x100)
smb_vwv[ 3]= 1024 (0x400)
smb_vwv[ 4]=   17 (0x11)
smb_vwv[ 5]=    0 (0x0)
smb_vwv[ 6]=  256 (0x100)
smb_vwv[ 7]=    0 (0x0)
smb_vwv[ 8]=    0 (0x0)
smb_vwv[ 9]=64768 (0xFD00)
smb_vwv[10]=  227 (0xE3)
smb_vwv[11]=16512 (0x4080)
smb_vwv[12]=57864 (0xE208)
smb_vwv[13]= 3810 (0xEE2)
smb_vwv[14]=50456 (0xC518)
smb_vwv[15]=50177 (0xC401)
smb_vwv[16]=  255 (0xFF)
smb_bcc=16
[000] 97 50 FD E8 7E C3 D1 4C  90 A5 2A F0 27 C4 E1 67  .P..~..L ..*.'..g
Serverzone is -3600
Password:
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=16)
server didn't supply a full spnego negprot
write_socket(4,170)
write_socket(4,170) wrote 170
got smb length of 304
----

That's a completely blind guess but I don't like the protocol negotiation part:
"server didn't supply a full spnego negprot"

Did the smbclient even try to log in as different user?

Do you have any idea of what might be wrong?

Thanks