[Samba] ACL Access Denied from Windows XP workstation-2nd try

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Sat Feb 19 17:44:09 GMT 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 17:20, Steve OBrien wrote:
> However when I manage the samba
> server through Windows XP MMC and attempt to change permissions on the
> security tab of the finance share I get "Access is Denied".

What is the acl on the directory? (you can get it with
`getfacl /path/to/dir`), and who is the owner?. I seem to remember getting
this when changing permission on something the user does not own. By "XP MMC"
I guess you mean the file/directory properties dialog? Not sure if you can do
it with the computer management MMC (shares).
Hope that helps,