[Samba] My Documents folder and roaming profiles.

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Sat Feb 19 12:11:02 GMT 2005

Tony Earnshaw írta:

>Håkan Slättman:
>

>>>I suppose basically my question is: Is there anyway to get Windows to
>>>copy the profile but exclude the 'My Documents' folder?
>>>

>>Maybe you can find your answer at:
>>http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsNT/RegistryTips/
>>Disable/Disablecachingofroamingprofiles.html
>>

>>There hou can read:
>>

>>If you want roaming profiles to not include certain folders, you can
>>exclude them. Excluding internet temporary files, cookies, and outlook
>>files can keep the roaming profile small. To exclude folders
>>
>>Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
>>Key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
>>Name: ExcludeProfileDirs
>>Type: REG_SZ
>>Value: Temporary Internet Files;Cookies;Recent;History;Local
>>Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
>>

>Another (better?) way to do this is with the MMC policy editor utility,
>which will enable use of "point 'n click" policy rules. I'm not sure
>whether this can be done with the standard MMC snapins, but it can
>certainly be done with Nitrobit's Group Policy Editor.
>
>--Tonni
>
>--
>mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
>http://www.billy.demon.nl

Create an NTConfig.POL file in the root of your netlogon share using the
POLEDIT.EXE shipped with WinNT4.0 and Win2000Server (not shure about
Win20003Server) and any service pack of them, just unpack the
servicepack with servicepacksexename /x and you will find the file.
Use the ADM files next to it, plus the attached one (made by Andrew
Bartlett) and you can redirect lots of folders, to shares, or subdirs of
shares.

Good Luck!

Geza