[Samba] ldap / username issue

Chris McKeever techjedi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 23:22:26 GMT 2005

I apologize for the cross post here - but I am pulling my hair out on this one.

I have openldap working well integrating with the unix/samba usernames so
getent passwd displays all the ldap accounts

I had a bit of a fat finger today and nuked an account
I rebuilt it, and for the most part everything is identical (including
uidnumber)
I can ldapsearch for it fine -

however if I:  getent passwd | grep agent-guest , nothing appears
yet everything that the account relies upon still seems functional --

is there something that toggles it being in the output?  am I missing
something very simple?

thanks in advance -