[Samba] Problems building samba+AD/LDAP support on Solaris 8

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Feb 18 21:10:22 GMT 2005

James Tullett asked:

> > What versions of Kerberos and OpenLDAP would be most
> > suitable to use on Solaris 8 and samba 3.0.11 for use with ADS?

   The current Kerberos from MIT is 1.3.6, I think, and the current
OpenLDAP is 2.2.23. I have been trying to get these to work with Samba
3.0.11 on Solaris 8 for two weeks, with little or nothing to show. :7(
   Tim Evans pointed out:

> Go to www.sysadminmag.com and located the "December Solaris
> Supplement" issue; it has a step-by-step.

   Beware of a few small parts that are "left as an exercise for the
reader" *cough* like Kerberos, winbind, and PAM.
-wde
P.S. I love the British Museum!
--
Will Enestvedt