[Samba] Drive Imaging and Domain Membership

Stuart Highlander fsb at ntwsdb.com
Fri Feb 18 16:38:17 GMT 2005

david,

i think this is a microsoft thing more than a samba issue.

i use a microsoft utility called sysprep on a workstation before i take an
image of it.  it basically takes the image back before the license key input
and machine name input.  i then take an image of the workstation using the
g4u program.  when the imaged machine is booted up, you re-enter the
information this information.  scripts can be written to automate the
process for large deployments.

here is more information on the subject:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302577&sd=tech

i hope this helps.

stuart