[Samba] Delay opening office files

Hartmut Guist h.guist at ektronic.de
Fri Feb 18 14:21:50 GMT 2005

Hi,

after we changed our server, we had a similar problem, that opening of
Word documents took up to 1 minute. But this was not a problem of samba,
but of the word document itself. The word documents which had this
problem contained a path to a template which was on the old server and
could not be found anymore. To fix this, you must open the document and
update the template path "Extras-->Vorlagen und
Add-Ins-->Dokumentvorlagen". It is also possible to remove the complete
path, then the local normal.dot will be used as template.
Hope this helps.

Regards.