[Samba] Samba PDC + OpenLDAP + Samba BDC

Robert Becskei brobiwbe at stcable.co.yu
Fri Feb 18 13:05:27 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,

 the time for me to use a OpenLDAP server is getting closer ( :( yikes..I'm
still scared sorta) ,
 I currently have a Samba PDC with tdbsam with 50 users goes fine, our
company will grow (doing our best)
in this year by a minimum of 25-30 computers, and I've stuided the TOSHARG ,
and it says that for every
50 computer a bdc is suggested.

The questions :

 1.how does the client who is logging in to the domain know which server to
use pdc bdc1 bdc2 ? , how is this decided.
 2.is it a good idea to place the pdc and bdc close to each other , on the
same switch ? , or should they be far from each other
(closer to the clients they are supposed to validate in the domain).

 Thank you foreward for your time.

 Sincerely
 Robert Becskei