[Samba] REPOST: smbcacls question

Jeff Yana jyana at emc2visfx.com
Fri Feb 18 03:06:09 GMT 2005

Version 3.0.10

Yes, I am aware that the value for the debug flag is missing, but
remember I only got the error output posted here because I had debug set
to 5 or something higher (so the command I present here is not totally
accurate).

I have got the command working now so that it will display the ACLS.
Have not tried to set/change anything as of yet, but will so so shortly.
I think were I went wrong was my syntax with the SMB share. I probably
was either not giving full UNC paths or leaving them out altogether,
falling back on the UNIX style syntax instead (where UNC path names are
not required).

Not sure that I like this syntax, it is very kludgy and
counter-intuitive to use.

Thanks.