[Samba] winbind question

Bruce Hohl brucehohl at access-4-free.com
Fri Feb 18 03:04:20 GMT 2005

After each time I restart winbind I have to rejoin the
domain in order for "wbinfo -t" to succeed or "smbclient
//server/share -U user" to succeed.

I am running:
samba-3.0.10-0.1  (SuSE 9.1 Pro)
heimdal-0.6.1rc3-55.9

The following error is returned from "wbinfo -t":
FileTest:~ # wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME (0xc0000122)
Could not check secret

I also get a "NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME" error from
smbclient ....

The following is written to the log:
/var/log/samba/log.winbindd
[2005/02/17 21:29:24, 0]
rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:cli_nt_setup_creds(256)
  cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed

Clock skew does not appear to be the cause:
FileTest:~ # net ads info
LDAP server: 192.168.1.201
LDAP server name: win_ads1
Realm: MYCOMPANY.COM
Bind Path: dc=MYCOMPANY,dc=COM
LDAP port: 389
Server time: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:32:19 GMT
KDC server: 192.168.1.201
Server time offset: 69

Thanks for any guidance in resolving this issue.