[Samba] U/G to 3.0.11, need explanation of log messages (Was: Re: Trying to resolve issues on samba-3.0.11)

Yannick Bergeron burgergold at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 22:51:32 GMT 2005

Hi Jonathan,

I've found the the help of abartlett that the first log message was
generated because samba was listening on port 139 and port 445. I've set
the parameter "smb ports = 139" and it has been resolve.
When this has been fixed, samba was now able to resolve the hostname for
each client. It still create a logfile log.ip that has a size of 0bytes,
but it writes in the log.hostname file.

For the third question, I can understand that the client will try to use
a guest authentication first, but it should not call the user_ok()
function since the guest ok is set to No. I'll probably ask the question
on samba-technicals.

thanx for your help