[Samba] default user profile

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Feb 17 14:17:30 GMT 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 07:02, Carmen Wai wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have set up a samba server as PDC (using
> samba-3.0.11). I wonder whether I can have an initial
> default profile stored in my samba server and when a
> new user is added, the default profile will be copied
> to the user profile. So each user will have an initial
> same profile when they login the window workstation.
> How can I config this to the smb.conf file??

Not the smb.conf file. You need to configure a Default User profile in your
NETLOGON share. Follow the guidance in chapter 6 of the book "Samba-3 by
Example". You can buy this from Amazon.Com or download it from:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

> Also, can I add domain users to the samba PDC through
> the connected NT workstations??

This can be done using the NT4 Domain User Manager that is part of the
SRVTOOLS.exe package that you can download from the Microsoft web site.
Details on where to obtain this are in the book "The Official Samba-3 HOWTO
and Reference Guide" - check index.

You can download this from:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

- John T.