[Samba] users on W2k

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Thu Feb 17 06:42:53 GMT 2005

Hiya

I'm using Samba as my PDC, and this is fine for desktops since most
of them are still Win98.
However, the bosses laptop has W2k and used to work fine under the
Novell client.  ie there was one user on the laptop and those setting
were used when logged into Novell and when not connected to the net.

Now, with the domain we seem to be stuck with having 2 users, one the
local machine user, and the other the domain user.  They have
separate settings, so any icons the boss sets up when connected to
the network are not present when he logs in when he goes away with
the laptop.

Is there a way to have just one user?

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer  -- Institute for Water Research