[Samba] Windows 'NETWORK PASSWORD' Samba printer

Chris McKeever techjedi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 22:53:14 GMT 2005

SUSE 9.1
Samba 3.0.9
Wn 98

I am having an issue with windows 98 and a samba printer.  I am able
to get to all the shares on the server and the printers from other
clients (win 2K / XP) and am able to get to all the shares fine via
win98.  However, after I install the printer and try to print a page
it requests the 'NETWORK PASSWORD'

This box is completely open for all the shares using map to guest - BAD PASSWORD

I found almost the identical problem, but the only resolution was by
upgrading form 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 -- which is the version I am currently
at.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.networking/browse_thread/thread/c390108b5c54e93b/d1dde3ca740fd936?q=windows+98+samba+print&_done=%2Fgroups%3Fq%3Dwindows+98+samba+print%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#d1dde3ca740fd936

any suggestions?