[Samba] cached credentials local login -- notebook domain members

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Feb 16 20:22:21 GMT 2005

> Am I doing something wrong or does samba really not support cached
> credentials local logins?

I can assure you that it works just fine.  I go home every night and log
in just fine off the company 'net.  It also works just fine on default
domain setups, so there must be some step you've added that isn't liked
very well.

What is the exact error you are getting?  For example, I get an error
about not finding my roaming profile, but that's expected.

What method did you use to set up your server?  Did you follow a howto
or something that we could reference to find out what is causing you
problems?

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322