[Samba] Changed Security: DOMAIN -vs- SERVER

Chris Scarff chris.scarff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 19:04:26 GMT 2005

The other day I posted a request for help (entitled: Access Denied...)
upgrading from Samba 3.0.2a to anything newer because I lost write
access to my file shares... unless I did a chmod 777 on the share
itself.

After testing and retesting I finally changed the SECURITY option from
DOMAIN  to SERVER and all was well again.  I have not run SERVER
option for ever.

Can anyone explain why that would be when the Samba MEMBER servers
have been in the Windows XP Domain for years?

I'm confused, though that's not out of the ordinary for me granted.  LOL

Thanks
--
ChrisS
http://TechProsAugusta.Net/unixdog/ (My Blog)