[Samba] Trying to resolve issues on samba-3.0.11

Yannick Bergeron burgergold at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:38:14 GMT 2005

Recently, we undertook to upgrade our samba server 2.2.8a towards version
3.0.11.  There remain however still some issues which I try to regulate or
to understand.

OS: AIX 4.3.3
CC: ibmcxx 3.6.6

1: "Software caused connection abort" in log.smbd
On every connection, I've the following error in my log. What could be the
problem?
[2005/02/14 16:43:22, 0] smbd/server.c:open_sockets_smbd(388)
  open_sockets_smbd: accept: Software caused connection abort

2: logfile name
The name of the log files are supposed to be log.hostname but some of them
are log.ip
How could this be possible? everything is ok with samba 2.2.8a
in smb.conf
	log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m

3: guest on authenticate
On every authentication, the guest account (nobody) is trying to
authenticate, the connection is refused, then it's trying with the username.
We would like the guest account to never be used.

in smb.conf
        map to guest = Never
        guest account = nobody
        guest only = No
        guest ok = No

in a log.hostname file
[2005/02/14 16:43:22, 0] smbd/password.c:user_ok(386)
  rejected user nobody:3004-302 Your account has expired; please see the
system administrator.

4: Is there a way to know what is the OS of the client (logfile? which debug
level? which debug message?)

If anyone is able to answer or explain me one of those issues :)

thanx

Yannick Bergeron
burgergold at hotmail.com