[Samba] Cant change legacy group in security panel

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Tue Feb 15 08:54:08 GMT 2005

Hi,
I thought once upon a time I could change the group owner of a file in
the advanced security dialog panel, with or without extended acl support.
I'm using samba 3.0.11
I have extended acl support on AIX 5.2 jfs and compiled into samba.
I can add/delete extended groups and users, but I can't change the basic
group.
I don't have extended acl support on linux 2.4.20-28.9smp ext3, and I
just get an access denied error.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.  Someone willing to straighten me out?

Regards, Doug