[Samba] Using SeMachineAccountPrivilege returns NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_PRIVILEGE

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Feb 14 02:13:13 GMT 2005

I am logged into a new test Linux server with my personal admin account. It is a member of a Linux group which has been mapped to Domain Admins.

When I issue 'net rpc rights grant auserid SeMachineAccountPrivilege' and enter the password for my personal admin account, I am returned that it failed with NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_PRIVILEGE. 'auserid' is
both a Linux account and has been added to smbpasswd.

This is running the 3.0.11 Debian packages from samba.org on Debian Sarge.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems